Who we are?
What Personal Data about me is collected and how is it Used?
How we collect and Use Your Personal Data
If you Use our Website
We collect Information, some of which contains Personal Data that you provide directly to us through responses to special services such as surveys, questionnaires, career section and the like. We use this data to personalize our services, and optimize your customer experience when using our Website.
Moreover, we automatically collect information, including Personal Data when you browse our Website, such as your browser type, operating system, error logs, and other similar information. Such aggregated information does not allow us to identify you, and is used by us to analyze trends, administer the Website, monitor our Website’s use, and gather general information about the use of our Website.
The legal basis for such processing of your Personal Data are our legitimate interests in customizing the content of our Website in line with user preferences and further improving our services
Please note that you are not legally required to provide us with your Personal Data. However, without your Personal Data, we will not be able to provide you with the full range of our services.
If You Contact our Customer Service
If you contact our customer service, we will communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide the services you request, and to manage your subscription. We will communicate with you by email or telephone, in accordance with your preferences.
Such processing of your Personal Data is necessary for the performance of our services; the legal basis for such processing of your Personal Data is therefore performance of contractual obligations. Please note that you are contractually required to provide us with such Personal Data, and that without such Personal Data, we will not be able to send you customer service related communications.
If You Subscribe to Newsletters
We offer a free newsletter. With our newsletter, we inform you about new contributions which appear on our website.
To subscribe to the newsletter, you can enter your e-mail address in the respective field on the website. You will then receive a link to confirm your registration. Only if you provide your consent by clicking on this link, will you be added to our mailing list and receive our newsletter.
You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time. Each newsletter contains information on how you can cancel the newsletter with effect for the future. The legal basis for such processing of your data is your consent. Please note that you are not legally required to provide us with your Personal Data. However, without your Personal Data, we will not be able to send you our newsletters and other information as described above.
Information from third-party sources
We may receive information about you from publicly and commercially available sources (as permitted by law), which we may combine with other information we receive from or about you. We may also receive information about you from third-party social networking services when you choose to connect with those services.
Information from marketing communications
MLE may collect and use personal information about individuals to send marketing and promotional communications that we may believe will be of interest to them. These communications may be sent in various ways, including by email or other electronic means. However, we shall seek your consent for performing such activities. You may choose to opt-out any time by emailing us at email@example.com by clicking unsubscribe in our marketing email communication. We will cease to send you marketing information once you choose to opt-out/unsubscribe from the marketing activities.
Information from bought-in Marketing list
MLE may collect information via bought-in marketing list that we receive from third party service providers for sending marketing and promotional emails. However, you may choose to opt-out of such activities at any given time.
A cookie is a small data file containing a string of characters, which is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser. The length of time a cookie will stay on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Our Website uses both types of cookies. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your computer or mobile device until they expire or are deleted.
We use certain necessary cookies which are required to make our website work. The basis for using necessary cookies is legitimate interests (Art. 6(1) point (f) as per GDPR). Other cookies such as performance cookies, analytics cookies etc. are used on the basis of your consent (Art. 6(1) point (a) as per GDPR).
Pseudonymous User Profiles
In order to optimize the user experience of MLE website, we use web tracking technology Google Analytics. Respective data is stored in pseudonymous usage profiles (IP addresses are stored in anonymized form). Pseudonymous usage profiles will not be (re-)combined with personal data. You may disable Google Analytics as explained in the following section.
We use Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies” to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your shortened IP address), will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators, and providing other services relating to your use of the website and the Internet. Google may also transfer this information to third-parties, if this is required by law or if third-parties process this data on behalf of Google.
You can disable Google Analytics using a browser add-on, if you do not want the website analysis to take place. You can download the add-on here: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. As an alternative, you can click here to disable Google Analytics.
The use of Google Analytics is justified on the basis of our legitimate interest in a demand-based design, as well as in the statistical evaluation of and efficient advertising on our Website, and the fact that your legitimate interests do not override ours.
To the extent, certain third-party website features are available on our Website, the following terms apply:
LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
Twitter – https://gdpr.twitter.com/en.html & https://twitter.com/en/privacy & https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/twitter-cookies
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/business/gdpr
Google/YouTube – https://policies.google.com/privacy
How we Share and Disclose Personal Data
We will not share, sell, transfer or otherwise disseminate your Personal Data to third-parties, unless required by law, unless required for the purpose of your contract, unless we are allowed to do so on the basis of a data processing agreement according to GDPR, or unless you have given us express consent to do so.
In order to grant sufficient protection of your Personal Data in this context, we use standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission, with such companies, or certifications of such companies under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield according to GDPR. You can request further details by contacting us at the contact details mentioned below.
Required by law or to prevent or investigate illegal activities
We may also be required to disclose your Personal Data to government or law enforcement officials in response to a lawful request by a public authority, or if we have to do so to comply with a legal obligation, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We can also disclose your information in order to pursue our legitimate interest in applying or enforcing our terms and conditions or in responding to any claims, in protecting our rights or the rights of a third-party, in protecting the safety of any person or in preventing any illegal activity (including for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
If required under applicable data protection laws, we will collect your prior consent before sharing your Personal Data with other companies.
Is my Personal Data used for any Other Purposes?
What Rights do I Have?
You have the following rights with respect to your personal information. You may exercise any of these rights by sending your request to:
- Right to Access: You have the right to request from us information on the personal information about you we process at any time. Please send your request to the postal or email address stated above.
- Right to Rectification of Incorrect Data: If data about you is inaccurate, you have the right to obtain from us rectification of such data without undue delay. Please send your request to the contact details stated below.
- Right to Erasure: You have the right to request from us the erasure of your personal information. In particular, you may ask us to erase personal information, if (i) it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed; (ii) the personal information has been unlawfully processed; (iii) you object to the processing pursuant, and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing; (iv) the personal information has to be erased for compliance, with a legal obligation in Union or Member State law to which we are subject; or (v) you withdraw your consent on which the processing is based, and there is no other legal ground for processing. Please send your request to the contact details stated below.
- Right to Restriction of Processing: You have the right to obtain from us restriction of processing, where one of the following applies: (i) The accuracy of the personal information is contested by you, processing will be restricted for a period, enabling us to verify the accuracy of the personal information; (ii) the processing is unlawful, and you oppose the erasure of the personal information and request the restriction of its use instead; (iii) we no longer need the personal information for the purposes of the processing, but are required by you to keep it for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or (iv) you have objected to processing, and the verification whether our legitimate interests override yours is pending. Please send your request to the contact details stated below.
- Right to Data Portability: You have the right to receive the personal information concerning you, which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. Please send your request to the contact details stated below.
- Right to Object: You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of personal information concerning you. We will no longer process your personal information, unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves the purpose of establishing, exercising or defending legal claims.
- Right to Withdraw Consent: You have the right to withdraw your consent for the processing of personal data where explicit consent has been sought. In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing, and transfer of your personal data for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your data for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
- Right to Automated Individual Decision-Making: We do not use your Personal Data to make decisions with legal or similar effects for you, based on the automated processing of your Personal Data only. In case we perform automated individual decision-making in the future, we will inform you of the same and your rights regarding opting-out of such processing.
Do Not Track
We do not track its website visitors over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising. Third parties that have content embedded on our websites such as a social feature may set cookies on a user’s browser and/or obtain information about the fact that a web browser visited a specific website from a certain IP address. Third parties cannot collect any other personally identifiable information from our websites unless you provide it to them directly.
As part of processing your request, we require you to provide certain personal data about you in order to verify your identity in accordance with the data privacy law requirements. This information includes your first and last name, email address and description of relationship to MLE, but may also include additional information based on the nature of your request and your relationship with us.
Additionally, in accordance with your rights under the CCPA, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. In order to comply with your request, we will require the personal data referenced above to be used for identity verification purposes, as well as the name, email address, and telephone number of your authorized agent.
We store your Personal Data and other information for as long as necessary, to enable you to use our Website, provide our services to you, comply with applicable laws (including those regarding document retention), resolve disputes with any parties, and otherwise as necessary, to allow us to conduct our business. If you have a question about a specific retention period for certain types of Personal Data we process about you, please contact us at the contact details mentioned below.
External Website Links
MLE may provide references or links to third-party (including social media) websites. Such websites/application is governed by their respective privacy policies, which are beyond our control. By accessing third party websites through our site, you are consenting to the terms and privacy policies of those websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their privacy practices or the content of such Websites.
Who do I Contact if I have any Privacy Questions?
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Right to Lodge a Complaint before the Data Protection Authority
Please contact us at the contact details mentioned above, and we will assist you to identify the respective competent supervisory authority. You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the EU Member State of your habitual residence, place of work, or the place of the alleged infringement, if you consider that our processing of your Personal Data infringes the applicable data protection laws.